Editor

For any editorial feedback on this website email me on: kodjodeynoo@gmail.com

Site Statistics

1,220 Literature Posts. 5,410 plus Individual Comments..300,000 plus web site Hits..715 Individual Members. Be a part of the movement, click and join this site. I appreciate my followers and they get a pride of place on this site.

Please support and join this blog

Saturday 27 July 2013

Medusa's Mind Games


I have not cried for so long, "dried out wells
I fear I would not know how to wipe my own tears 

I have not laughed for so long, "locked up jaw
I fear I would no longer know how to smile again 

I have not danced for so long, "cobwebbed legs"  
I fear I have developed two left feet tripling on the floor  

I have not jumped for so long, "concrete grounded
I fear when I squat I would not make it up stack midway 

I have not dreamt for so long, "empty visions"  
I fear I would not find my way back if I do venture 

I have not tried learning how to swim for so long 
I fear I would drown if I try to, "a fish out of water"

I have not loved for so long "Missing hearts"
I fear I would break the pulsing vase from touch 

Between all that, each day I wake "ticking clocks"
Each day I live, each day I am as I am no other 

Each day I am and I do get on, just fine "the status qua
Only when I think such thoughts am I weakened 

Only when I look into the eyes of the mind "distorted mirrors"
Medusa of thoughts am I with fear, I fear I would, but not me 



4 comments:

  1. My mind is in trouble now. Deriving countless intrinsic and extrinsic meanings. Nice piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. only when i think such thoughts are you weakened...so true in how our thoughts can take our power in real life....great close on this kodjo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should take part in a contest for one of the most useful sites on the internet.
    I am going to recommend this website!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurrah, that's what I was looking for, what a data! existing here at this blog, thanks admin of this web page.

    my weblog: Kimberly

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...