Editor

For any editorial feedback on this website email me on: kodjodeynoo@gmail.com

Site Statistics

1,220 Literature Posts. 5,410 plus Individual Comments..300,000 plus web site Hits..715 Individual Members. Be a part of the movement, click and join this site. I appreciate my followers and they get a pride of place on this site.

Please support and join this blog

Tuesday 20 September 2016

Africa


I am disappointed  in the Poets of Africa
I am disappointed  in the Priests of Africa
I am disappointed in the Politicians of Africa
I am disappointed in the Comedians of Africa
I am disappointed in the Philosophers of Africa
I am disappointed  in the Musicians of Africa
I am disappointed  in the Storey tellers of Africa
I am disappointed  in the Wise men of Africa
I am disappointed in the King's of Africa
I am disappointed  in the Queens of Africa

All this and more

For the poor look starved and malnourished
The weak look abonded and left alone
The young are without hope for the future
The youth risk their lives everyday
To migrate across dangerous waters to foreign lands

While the poet's words are empty of protest
The priest  preaches of oppulence
The politician makes promises he can not keep
The comedian makes jokes of the poor
The philosophers are without sage
The musicians make music to celebrate the rich
The story tellers misinform thier audience
The wise are without wisdom to share
The King's forget to serve their people
The Queens want to be celebrated for their flamboyance

My only grace, my joyfull hold
Is in e' natural beauty and smile of our kids
Who celebrate the sunshine
And the rain fall every day
Regardless of what our leaders do
Regardless of what our leaders do



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...