Editor

For any editorial feedback on this website email me on: kodjodeynoo@gmail.com

Site Statistics

1,220 Literature Posts. 5,410 plus Individual Comments..300,000 plus web site Hits..715 Individual Members. Be a part of the movement, click and join this site. I appreciate my followers and they get a pride of place on this site.

Please support and join this blog

Thursday 2 November 2017

Being me


If you see my, foot steps
In a sand, steps marked
And you place your, foot in

Granted, it does not mean
Granted, you have walked
Granted, in my shoes, No!

You only placed your foot
In a mark I left in the sand
I left behind, I did that

A by product
Many of which I have left
Many times over in my walk of life

If you are that desperate
Then try my worn shirt
For size, one size, fits all

Filled with my sweat
Left in my laundry basket
Maybe a day or two to fester

Yes, it stinks a bit, a bit it does
But I tell you, hear hear
It  is the closest you will get

To an idea
Of my essence
Through my journey

A wax work at Madame tussaud
Is just that, a wax work
Resemblance on plastic like Barbie

Acting on scripts, actors
Would not know my pain
How can they, how can you

And if we stood on the same
Platform for a brief period
It does not mean we are as one

When sounds are made
It echoes from a distant
But echoes can never claim ownership

If you see my foot steps
In a sand steps marked
And you place your foot in

Granted it does not mean
Granted you have walked
Granted in my shoes, No!

You only just read
My script as an actor
You just mimicked my steps




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...