Editor

For any editorial feedback on this website email me on: kodjodeynoo@gmail.com

Site Statistics

1,220 Literature Posts. 5,410 plus Individual Comments..300,000 plus web site Hits..715 Individual Members. Be a part of the movement, click and join this site. I appreciate my followers and they get a pride of place on this site.

Please support and join this blog

Wednesday 31 May 2017

Captain Maxwell Adam Mahama Betrayed


How does one find the right words
To eulogies a young soul
Robbed of it's tender life

What are the right words to be used
To give meaning to the unexplainable,
Beyond  belief

Have you ever heard a nation angered
So much the clouds above
Would not thunder

And the lighting
Will dare not break the heavens.
Not this night

There are men
Who have signed thiers away,
Boldly their lives away

If to be young and to die
Let it be on the battle field
By my enemies in a foreign lands  

At least with that
I will have my honor,
Let it be known, I am a hero

Let it be by the sword or bullets
Of my enemy,
Let me gladly fall

My wife and children
Deserve that from me,
To die a hero for a cause so great

And have great stories
Told of my adventures
For I am a hero

Let my wife and children
Hold their heads high
Knowing I had a fair fight

And I fought well as a soldier
So well I was honoured
A hero, a brave hero

Let two officers walk to my doorstep
Knock on my door to announce my passing   To my family, as it is done with honor.

No, not like this, not by my own
By my own that I have pledged
An oath to protect and defend


No, not by betrayal
Not by a mob crowd striping me
And burning my naked body

With no modesty left
With pictures and videos
On social media going viral

No not like this on friendly soil
No not like this for I am a CAPTAIN
I deserve better in rose cottage

On a dying man's last wish,
I deserve better,
As a legacy

My wife and children
Deserve better
I am a Captain

I  am a Captain,
Not to be cheapened and die, murdered
Without my military attire

And with my name tarnished
As a common criminal an armedrobber  How dare you, I am a Captain!

I am a Captain of the 5th Battalion,
I am a solidier in the Ghanaian army
I deserve my respect on my dying breathe

I deserve my respect.
I am CAPTAIN MAXWELL ADAM MAHAMA,
Decorated

Captain
And in command
Of  the 5TH BATTALION

That is who I am.
A fallen solidier
A decorated Captain, that is who I am


Salute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...