Editor

For any editorial feedback on this website email me on: kodjodeynoo@gmail.com

Site Statistics

1,220 Literature Posts. 5,410 plus Individual Comments..300,000 plus web site Hits..715 Individual Members. Be a part of the movement, click and join this site. I appreciate my followers and they get a pride of place on this site.

Please support and join this blog

Networkblogs

Friday, 23 August 2013

Calling the bluff of botch


Calling the bluff of botch's threats 
I dare, I dare to, ha ha ha ha, I do dare 

To dare a stand on one's own two feet 
To jump off ships and ride the waves 

Swimming to shore, with each stride hold 
Can one sweat while swimming I wonder 

I saw a man doing just that, deep sea 
And I wondered if the sea would accept 

His salty sweat, if that would increase 
The sea level, and flood a small island 

Already endangered by global warming 
Sinking like the lost city of Atlantis  

Ok ok ok, back to being serious 
I have thrown down my gauntlet  

Called out miscarriage and his men 
Sent words home, I would be back before dawn 

So now lets fight, roll up your sleeves 
Welcome in sweat and blood 

I have called your bluff, you call mine 
A date set with destiny lets tango 

Lets tango to the beats and the rhythm 
I will sweat and add to the sea's level too



10 comments:

  1. The tango of living is a salty thing - often giving more than the dance wave intended. A lively, beautiful poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the poems flows nicely, can feel the rhythm...and I love the images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to hear you read this poem, Kodjo!! Perhaps to a tango beat? (Smile) I liked the interesting progression of this poem. It just flows from one image to another. It also made me smile, thinking of salty sweat increasing the sea level and flooding a small island!! I always enjoy your unique style, Kodjo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your poetry reveals your social conscience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your words, full of passion, give a life to your ideas that can be felt. Very nice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Analyzing philosophy in the form of poetry? Now that's just... what I do in my blog, delightful. One cannot get more obscure than that, often making poems fortresses of their own signification. All that really excites me and I am glad to have found this blog! Now, let try and understand this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the part about the sweat adding to the sea level and flooding a small island. Humorous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic piece. The tango of existence and the ever-present danger that each day may hold. I love the imagery and the various references to present day here. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget
There was an error in this gadget