Editor

For any editorial feedback on this website email me on: kodjodeynoo@gmail.com

Site Statistics

1,220 Literature Posts. 5,410 plus Individual Comments..300,000 plus web site Hits..715 Individual Members. Be a part of the movement, click and join this site. I appreciate my followers and they get a pride of place on this site.

Please support and join this blog

Tuesday 15 March 2011

Last Request



And before I die, on last request
Do not stand on my buried earth..
And weep..


Do not ask, how I was in my last days..
Don’t break glass in my honor..
Don’t talk of me in joyful memory..
Don’t shake hands of old acquaintance..
Don’t dress in the finest silk..
Do not mourn my
My death..


Do not collect silver to bury me..
Don’t sit in silent wonder..
Don’t cuddle in condolence..
Don’t ask the priest for last rites..
Don’t speak well of me in eulogy..
Don’t write list of stranger’s names on
My obituary..


Do not bring pretence to my burial..
I want no tears from the crocodile
It is my last right to be
Honoured..

6 comments:

  1. such strong requests surely should be honored!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice...i too would like a similar honor when my time comes...no tears...for me it is time to celebrate...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work... usually people are overcome by grief that most requests are honored. As for me, I would just like anyone I've hurt or upset to forgive me. Thought provoking piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of our rituals do seem strange in light of why we come together in the first place. I suppose things are done sometimes just to feel that something was done, if that makes sense. I like your perspective, and it is your right to be honoured in the way you choose :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How important it is to be remembered but then how important its to be forgotten and detached so that one can go on living another side of the life... I was not able to put my fingers in this verse, from where you are coming though I could relate to the desire to be left alone in peace... not full of decorums and rituals ... just let one be...
    I liked this one a lot. thanks for sharing.

    ॐ शांति ॐ
    Om Shanti Om
    May peace be... pray for People of Japan
    ________
    http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com/2011/03/whispers-love-and-insignificance.html
    Connect me at Twitter @VerseEveryDay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woowww!! Very powerful words, Kodjo... and so honest!! I think we deserve to be honored with truth.. at least after death...

    Really, a very intense and thought provoking poem...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...