Editor

For any editorial feedback on this website email me on: kodjodeynoo@gmail.com

Site Statistics

1,220 Literature Posts. 5,410 plus Individual Comments..300,000 plus web site Hits..715 Individual Members. Be a part of the movement, click and join this site. I appreciate my followers and they get a pride of place on this site.

Please support and join this blog

Networkblogs

Tuesday, 12 June 2012

A Shark Attitude



I am like a shark, built like a shark 
If I am not pushing past, dynamic speed  
The norm with vigour and fight of a warrior 


With confidence mixed in fuel of strive 
Like a high breed, built for the course 
Speed lane, salt lake, land records 


To walk gallantly on ropes 
Like a circus performer with tricks 
Believing in his own hype to walk on water 


Then I will slowly fade 
Shadows into procrastination 
Sunk into the depths of despair 


With frustration anchoring 
Heavy to the sea bed, like a debt collector's grip 
Fed on, by the fish vultures of the sea  


I am like a shark 
If I do not swim, I will drown 
With closed gills I will drown, drown I say
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. i def like the close....if i dont swim i will drown as i think that translates into several areas of life for sure...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture!
    Good read...the last stanza closes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has a strong sense of voice, and I really enjoyed how you got into the skin of the shark as seen from a human perspective. You can use your description to describe the way that some others might live their lives, or feel about themselves. I found the following line very intriguing, which kind of anchors what goes before and after in the narrative:

    With frustration anchoring
    Heavy to the sea bed, like a debt collectors grip
    Fed on by the fish vultures of the sea

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget
There was an error in this gadget