Editor

For any editorial feedback on this website email me on: kodjodeynoo@gmail.com

Site Statistics

1,220 Literature Posts. 5,410 plus Individual Comments..300,000 plus web site Hits..715 Individual Members. Be a part of the movement, click and join this site. I appreciate my followers and they get a pride of place on this site.

Please support and join this blog

Tuesday 16 February 2010

Pancake day


Wrap it up, 
Pack it up..
Stack it up, ..
Zrooooom goes t' van..


Park it up,..
Drop it up..
Down I mean..
Signed sealed delivered...

 Swing it up, 

Shake it up,..
Flap it up, Flip it up, flip it down  

Roll it up..
Its a pan cake day


Knock knock, who is there 
open the door, open the door
Don't drop it up,..
Down I mean..
For the floor is slippery..

Pan it up, 

Mix it up,..
Oozing it down, 

Warm it up,..
Plate it up,..
Honey drops drips,..
On it slides, smooth slides 


Its a Pan cake day,..
Eat it up, 
Yaaam it down..
Munch it up..
Gorge it down


Just pack it up,..
Plates I mean,..
Wash it up..
 
After you yaam it all in..



Hmmm, 
Nice, nice 
It's a pan cake day!..

Then its all done,
Done deal,..
Pancakes for handshakes,..
All in for the happiness.
.
Hurray!

6 comments:

  1. big smiles. this was a delight to read...and props on having your daughter help...my youngest son loves pancakes...about the only thing he will eat for breakfast....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely capture of movement in this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so playful! I loved the rhythm of it =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a lot of fun, playful word use. And, my kids said it made them want pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a delight to read, and it looks like too much fun to flip those pancakes in the air. Now I want some pancakes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It made me want pancakes for lunch. I won't repeat what my husband the cook said. Fun

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...