Editor

For any editorial feedback on this website email me on: kodjodeynoo@gmail.com

Site Statistics

1,220 Literature Posts. 5,410 plus Individual Comments..300,000 plus web site Hits..715 Individual Members. Be a part of the movement, click and join this site. I appreciate my followers and they get a pride of place on this site.

Please support and join this blog

Wednesday 17 February 2010

Old and Grey



When I am old, old 
With dentures in my mouth full..
Sat caressing by the fire place..


When most I know
In my time of hay..
Have sailed away, this passage through..

When faces and names, 
I am expected to know..
Play hide and seek in my memory box..
Just shy of my tongue, just shy of recollection..


When my bones are without muscles..
Frail and pain engulfs, each step I ask..
Of them to take on walks to have..

When kids shout out, i
n patronising talk..
Thinking if they speak softly, in normal tone ..
I would not hear, so deaf to hear ..

In my grey hair days..
When my love awaits, this world no more..
But on the other side of the fence ..

I will sit and wait for the wave  ..
Of periodic gush of memories I saved..
Of the good times I had in my hay days..


While I  patiently wait with content and smiles..
For the un-driven train that goes down south 
Knowing this has been, a
 good life lived..
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...