Editor

For any editorial feedback on this website email me on: kodjodeynoo@gmail.com

Site Statistics

1,220 Literature Posts. 5,410 plus Individual Comments..300,000 plus web site Hits..715 Individual Members. Be a part of the movement, click and join this site. I appreciate my followers and they get a pride of place on this site.

Please support and join this blog

Sunday 5 February 2012

Don't let me fall



An occasional stumble is seasonal to the course 
And trees shed their leaves in the same light as fall 
And the winds on occasion bend trunks 


Why have elasticity if not to be used 
Why have instinct of reaction 
And not know stumble to stand 


But don't let me fall 
And land not on my feet 
Or go so low, that I can't stand 


Don't break my crystal  
With crimson bleed 
What treasure I have, even on my grave 


Don't steal my pride and unplug my feathers 
Don't look for my  fall and say you are a friend  
And let me down, and stand on my fall 

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful write...brilliant opening line...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful read. You have captured the emotion behind the plea quite nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one should stand on another's fall. I like this.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. indeed beautiful....thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the lithe, flowing quality of your word combinations. It makes a nice counterpoint to the 'stumbling' imagery. Thank you for sharing, Kodjo. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And the winds on occasion bend trunks

    And bending is better than breaking, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Why have elasticity if not to be used" How true.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was beautiful and wrote with such a mature and seasoned poet (it seems to me) I enjoyed reading such depth and beauty!

    ~L

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see sadness in this,

    a powerful warning.

    best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. An amazing interpretation of The Mag. Bravo!

    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...