Editor

For any editorial feedback on this website email me on: kodjodeynoo@gmail.com

Site Statistics

1,220 Literature Posts. 5,410 plus Individual Comments..300,000 plus web site Hits..715 Individual Members. Be a part of the movement, click and join this site. I appreciate my followers and they get a pride of place on this site.

Please support and join this blog

Networkblogs

Wednesday, 2 February 2011

My Light House

If I say tomorrow I will be coming home
Will you still hold the door for me
Door for me, have a welcome ceremony for me 


Will my keys open doors it entered, before I voyage 
Before I bequeath my heart to you, I will see you soon 
My sweet heart, soon enough, very soon enough


And if I buy flowers, tulips, will you get a vase
And keep it alive in moist, until I get back
I will be back, I promise very soon  


Will you hold the fort
Long enough, just long enough 
Until I cross these last paths and make it to you


Will you be there, in 14 days 
To receive the flowers I brought
Hear my adventures, and call me a hero


If I say, wait until tomorrow, just tomorrow
Will you still be my light house
For I will be looking out for your lighthouse
From the north sea 

9 comments:

  1. The repetition adds to the urgency of this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE this poem, it is my favorite one of yours so far. This is truly beautiful, and moving. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tells a gret story. Nice one KD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful poem...So touching...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am quite impressed with your use of repetition here. It's quite something else altogether.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kodjo,
    I can imagine these words, set to some haunting music.
    Lovely...

    Best wishes, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this; so beautiful! I feel like a lighthouse waiting for my husband, to return from sea~ GREAT JOB~

    ReplyDelete
  8. How touching. Distance always makes the heart fonder, so does the fear of death and separation looming o'er.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget
There was an error in this gadget