Editor

For any editorial feedback on this website email me on: kodjodeynoo@gmail.com

Site Statistics

1,220 Literature Posts. 5,410 plus Individual Comments..300,000 plus web site Hits..715 Individual Members. Be a part of the movement, click and join this site. I appreciate my followers and they get a pride of place on this site.

Please support and join this blog

Tuesday 3 January 2012

Golden goose



As I was lying in bed lamenting 
I realized my fortune was overdue 
And where my roots do lie  


I am a Cambridge college grad or something close 
Privately educated, in the seminars of the halls 
A green card for life, a citizen of Rome  


That means if mother hen, was to be named 
I came from the golden goose 
That laid me a golden egg 


I am a golden egg 
The rain tried washing off my sparkle 
And it would have worked into environs  


If it was that my colour code was painted on  
I am a golden egg, from the golden goose 
That means my sparkle runs deep 


Deeper than the rain can fade. 
Yet sometimes on the outside I fade 
And blend into an environment obscure  


Which tries to indoctrinate me 
Of where I belong, false from my roots 
For I blend into the state I find myself 


How are they, on observers lookout to know otherwise 
To challenge their misconception against  weathering 
Pushing on borders of  change, of situations enlisted now 


That I am a Harvard college grad or something close 
A golden egg from the golden goose , where my roots lie 
T' walks the halls of greatness t' laid me a golden egg 


A scratch came to discredit fade of economic weathered 
And suddenly I was with sparkle, like never before  
Underneath the fade, it had always been there with pride 


Yes I am an Oxford college grad or something close 
A golden egg from the golden goose 
That laid me a golden egg 

6 comments:

  1. I am a golden egg, from the golden goose
    That means my sparkle runs deep


    Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. blend into the state and forget my roots....indoctrination....isnt that what education is for....smiles....nice write man...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the metaphor--you worked it well--thoughtful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I am a golden egg
    The rain tried washing off my sparkle
    And it would have worked into environs" - woo - this was a great write here! I enjoyed it lots! great imagery weaving here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fine write with strong images :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...what a great poem...I'll be thinking about those images for quite a while!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...