Editor

For any editorial feedback on this website email me on: kodjodeynoo@gmail.com

Site Statistics

1,220 Literature Posts. 5,410 plus Individual Comments..300,000 plus web site Hits..715 Individual Members. Be a part of the movement, click and join this site. I appreciate my followers and they get a pride of place on this site.

Please support and join this blog

Networkblogs

Wednesday, 14 March 2012

The Laughing Therapy



A baffle(d) encounter with Buddha 
The laughing therapist 
What did this cat, hear so funny,  I missed 


The joke is on me, the joke is on me 
I walked by a park in the middle of spring 
With birds in trees, sat in nests, happily singing 


I came across a group of elegant middle-class homo-sapiens 
On their backs, a belly full of laughter 
Laughing out loud; jokes, jokes, I like a good joke  


What was the joke, I asked with excitement 
No joke, was the reply "this is a laughing therapy
Fair enough I said, again I asked what was the joke 


Lets hear it out, I like a good laugh 
I am all for a good laugh, just give me the punch line 
"No joke my fellow homo sapien, just a laugh"


Just a laugh? "its just a laugh" negate a joke 
I wondered, have I slept and missed 
The great evolution of man, was the joke on me 


For I can not, laugh, without hearing something funny 
I can not laugh without seeing something funny 
Come on what is the joke, I like a good joke, a tickle would do 


Modern day hysteria, how could I have missed such leap 
Such great evolution and be left standing over a bunch 
Of homo-sapiens, with yoga mats, on the park laughing 


Guess the joke is on me, the joke is on me 
"No joke", the joke is on me, now that's a punch line 
I could hear the birds  a belly full of chatter, jokers with laughter 


The joke is on me   
Well, wait until the cat gets you, birdy, birdy
Then I would have my laughing therapy 

Also shared with http://www.threewordwednesday.com/ 

5 comments:

  1. Love the laughing cat, not so sure about the sour puss though!

    Clever verse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting take on the jokes on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you wend through the tale, always doubling back to the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laughing soothes the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you mess with the concept of the joke. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget
There was an error in this gadget