Editor

For any editorial feedback on this website email me on: kodjodeynoo@gmail.com

Site Statistics

1,220 Literature Posts. 5,410 plus Individual Comments..300,000 plus web site Hits..715 Individual Members. Be a part of the movement, click and join this site. I appreciate my followers and they get a pride of place on this site.

Please support and join this blog

Thursday 4 March 2010

What Does It Matter

I walked past an old gravestone..
Over grown and uncared for..
I walked past a dozen times ..
Never before to stop and stare..

And then with sudden effect of wind blow..
I stopped myself and turned me to stare..
I saw two letters of a name..
A name that ends same as mine..


I pondered and wondered for..
What meaning it held 
I came up with none, none to think of 
How could there be a connection 


I saw a date older than time..
16 something to 17 something..
With writings in-scripted..
“You will be missed, missed with Love”..

Then I wandered If “I would be ..
Missed, missed with Love” when I am gone..
Then I wandered if “he is still missed, 
Missed with Love”..

How old will I be in death?..
Before t' wild grass is allowed..
To tarnish my place in resting peace..
Maybe I rather just be burnt on the stack..


And have my ashes blow in the winds..
No wild grass can touch me then..
Touch my wings in winds then ..
What does it matter, when I am gone..
Enhanced by Zemanta

5 comments:

  1. dramatic... I love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. will I still be missed with love? magic lines

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is rather chilling...to see a grave and think of yourself...though very nicely penned kodjo...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thought provoking, and beautifully spoken.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...