Editor

For any editorial feedback on this website email me on: kodjodeynoo@gmail.com

Site Statistics

1,220 Literature Posts. 5,410 plus Individual Comments..300,000 plus web site Hits..715 Individual Members. Be a part of the movement, click and join this site. I appreciate my followers and they get a pride of place on this site.

Please support and join this blog

Saturday 1 January 2011

Cuddling a Teddy Bear

Cuddling a teddy bear
Roosevelt on adoptions 
Of the Corinthians 


When I was a child
So long, so far gone
In memories lane
Where mango trees, waited for my climb


I talked like a child
Alphabets and fantasies; happy ever afters
Nursery rhymes, and pica poo, babe dolls
G.I Joe's; cow boys and Indians


I thought like a child
To fly in shuttles to space and beyond
Star trek, and imaginary friends 
Obi-wan kenobi to the empire strikes back


I reasoned like a child. 
Candies that grow from trees
Holidays with schools out, yepeee
Ice cream vans are Santa's in summer


When I became a man
Tax and shelter, work to be paid
Debt to avoid, life is too short
Time on fly bys, time flies fast


I put childish ways behind me.
A few times burnt on complicated emotions
Reflective of life in lessons
Resolutions in lessons learnt


When I was a child
 I thought like a child

1 Corinthians 13:11

5 comments:

  1. Wow... impressive! I like this very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. put childish ways behind...



    what a smart mind.

    lovely entry,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the way you based this on the bible. I'm glad you didn't put your van away with your childish ways..debt to avoid is hard to do if you drive a porsche...cool van but mine's better:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent take on the bible verse, Kodjo, very creative piece.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...