Editor

For any editorial feedback on this website email me on: kodjodeynoo@gmail.com

Site Statistics

1,220 Literature Posts. 5,410 plus Individual Comments..300,000 plus web site Hits..715 Individual Members. Be a part of the movement, click and join this site. I appreciate my followers and they get a pride of place on this site.

Please support and join this blog

Monday 24 January 2011

Monday's Child

So we start again
The birth of a new week; Monday
The highs, the lows, the reluctant starts 


I am a Monday's child, the school bus que
Hence the name Kodjo, Ajao, Adwoa, Quajo, Kojo  
A Monday's child, name calling, roll calling; Kwadwo


But like the rest of them
The best of them,  with the Sunday's blues 
Oh, I hate Monday's car parking restrictions


But I am a Monday's child
So I put a lot more on my plate 
In self fulfilment, in self attainment


This time, this week 36 in hours and some
I will give to strive and traffic jam
Before my Saturday reach


Oh I hate Mondays
Like the feel of the shower 
Cold before entering    


As the week starts 
Oh Friday "are we there yet" 
But then mid week through

See me inside basking 
Loving everything else it brings
I am  a Monday's Child

10 comments:

  1. I love Mondays. Fresh start, new lists, looking through to Friday with excitement. When I was a student a lifetime ago, I detested Sunday nights. Perhaps that was my way of hating Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, love the playfulness.
    delicate entry.

    A++

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah such fun in your writing! here's my potluck for this week: http://fiveloaf.wordpress.com/2010/08/04/here-for-you/

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful quaint piece! thx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cartoon leading in to a fun poem.

    http://liv2write2day.wordpress.com/2011/01/24/boundaries-jingles-poetry-potluck/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Mondays. I am always off, Wednesday is my Monday..........but I still love your poem!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice fun read, very enjoyable!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoyed reading this! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love where the prompt took you, and I remember, before retiring, many days of looking toward Friday wondering if we'd ever get there.
    Enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol, nice, funny piece..satirical like...nicely done! Happy potluck! :)
    http://lynnaima.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...