Editor

For any editorial feedback on this website email me on: kodjodeynoo@gmail.com

Site Statistics

1,220 Literature Posts. 5,410 plus Individual Comments..300,000 plus web site Hits..715 Individual Members. Be a part of the movement, click and join this site. I appreciate my followers and they get a pride of place on this site.

Please support and join this blog

Tuesday 18 January 2011

On Writer's Block

Sometimes I get tongue tied
Brain tied, caught in a smoke of fog
With no directional heads, like stage fright


Inspiration lost to the freak storm 
It blows me off course, at sea
And the stars have lost their way
 
Throwing tantrum, like my GPS on freeze
While Gypsies settle, and still demand to be called nomads
 Sometimes my mind just goes blank, like a blank sheet 


And wires plugged entangled are without power  
Of electric energy, they seat lifeless
Sometimes I am left with the writers block 


Bewildered, while ghosts lose their will to fright
On strike, on account of not being paid 
In the house of haunt, for work done


Sometimes I am bed tied, laziness, coziness, couch potato
Gather joy in indulgence, while still sat with frustration
Of the pondering mind, what can be done, what should be done 


This time the parrot is without words, 
Silence is bless, finally serenity 
Yet it seems all is not right, with tinkering minds 


And rain in rain forest becomes a rarity in the amazon 
Protesting on global warming, being taken for granted  
On too many scrambled papers thrown into the bin by conscience writers  


Some times, I am with the writers block
And the forest will hand me no more papers, on rationing 
To pen down my thoughts, set in abstract, on writers block


Still I sweat to deliver your daily dosage of
Enlightenment, poetry, demand a voice 
And my voice is to be the one heard, its a call


So sometimes I am left with the frustration of writers block 
While thoughts runs rampage in my head
Sometime it all just pours out, with no hold back  


Just when I think 
I am having a writers block 
What is that, a writers block? 
Enhanced by Zemanta

10 comments:

  1. You painted the picture here so vividly, well written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of comparative images here. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved it.. Awesome..

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  4. Relatable-for-many work, good images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am pretty sure you just beat writers block with a stick...lol. great imagery...nice one shot...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very well written.

    I loved 'The parrot is without words..' So well said.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah yes, I empathize. Sometimes i have lots of thoughts in my head, but no poem appears. (responding via Poets United) Well expressed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i like this - Still I sweat to deliver your daily dosage of

    that's how i feel sometimes with my blog, and there's all the other stuff you have to write.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your take on this prompt! I also loved the line, "the parrot is without words"... Well Done~

    ReplyDelete
  10. The comparison with stage fright is inspirational. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...