Editor

For any editorial feedback on this website email me on: kodjodeynoo@gmail.com

Site Statistics

1,220 Literature Posts. 5,410 plus Individual Comments..300,000 plus web site Hits..715 Individual Members. Be a part of the movement, click and join this site. I appreciate my followers and they get a pride of place on this site.

Please support and join this blog

Tuesday 4 May 2010

My Name Is Timeless


If I should die
Think only this of me 
And for ever I will live 


Let me live past a hundred, two hundred..
No, a thousand more a' over will do ..
Let me live past Methuselah..

My bones I know in time will rot in brittle..
My skin will wrinkle like scales on trout..
And  for the tooth fairy, ..
My dignity intact she would be after..

My memory will be faint;..
A'd forgetfully insignificant,..
At times, it would seem to be..
So I rather live without my old casing..

Let me live past a hundred..
Two hundred a' more to infinity..
A' d forever made immortal to be..

Let me live on t' lips, of t' young a' old alike..
A'd  for every time I am in mention..
In deeds or name, in reference made..
As poet I do, for my name to be timeless 


Let me be alive again forever..
A thousand years after I am gone..
A'd my name in timeless made..
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. As long as you write, your words will keep you alive..a thousand years..maybe forever..Jae

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's our words that may or may not last, and I think yours stand a very good chance of surviving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful way to say it! live a thousand years and more in people's hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. profound, love the flow.

    do join jingle poetry potluck tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...