Editor

For any editorial feedback on this website email me on: kodjodeynoo@gmail.com

Site Statistics

1,220 Literature Posts. 5,410 plus Individual Comments..300,000 plus web site Hits..715 Individual Members. Be a part of the movement, click and join this site. I appreciate my followers and they get a pride of place on this site.

Please support and join this blog

Sunday 2 May 2010

A Pact Signed



Death before dishonour..
So I start digging 6ft under..
Under which I lay my bed a' rest in tender..
Never to be disturbed again past, this life forever..

But for the man I  did pledge, one with..
Did he do the same in oath with honour..
Or sold his soul, so he did live another..
There was no point he said, said in reply..

'A dead man can not be paid a price owed..
For a man must live to be by his word..
For the pact was signed by two men alive..
And this his eyes would not meet mine again..
A dead man can not be paid a price owed'..

If I was to be told, of this before..
Told to look in the small print before..
Before I dug 6feet under, I did be sure..
Never to be the first to go, in pact signed ..

2 comments:

  1. good write,,a man must
    live by his word. 1sistersoul

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your blog,

    come join our poetry picnic week 9 today,
    first time participants can share 1 to 3 random poems.

    Old poems or poems unrelated to our theme are welcome.

    Hope to see you in.

    Best!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...